I remember thinking when I first read John Kotter’s book Leading Change: “…this is a great book for businesses, but it would be an extremely helpful first read for entrepreneurs and people who are just getting started in business.”
That was several years ago.
After organizing and facilitating many seminars for entrepreneurs and small business owners, I’m even more adamant that this is a book you should read. Couple Kotter’s book, Blue Ocean Strategy, and your business plan and you technically should have all of the knowledge needed to start a successful business or increase revenue and profit in your present business.
Here’s what Kotter covers in his book:
- Establishing a Sense of Urgency
- Creating the Guiding Coalition
- Developing a Vision and Strategy
- Communicating the Change Vision
- Empowering Employees for Broad-Based Action
- Generating Short-Term Wins
- Consolidating Gains and Producing More Change